Red Creek Pages

Post some work here, comics pages (two - three pages). Scripts, short synopsis and a link to a full script, lettering or design work! And we'll find someone to go through and offer some constructive criticism!
snorthridge

Red Creek Pages

Post by snorthridge »

Hi!

I'm working on a Horror comic series. It's kinda my first try at a full-size comic after a long stretch of doing largely just illustration stuff.
It's still early days of getting the rough pencils down, I havent really done Rendering on this scale, so im constantly fixing things and redoing large amounts of panels.

It's a psychological horror series about a young girl trying to parse reality from her visions, and trying to find if there's any truth to what she see's in her dreams as they seem to invade the real world. The first issue is about 34 pages, trying to edit and streamline as I go, I'll post completed pages here as I go along.

All feedback is super appreciated :)

Sean

pj
Site Admin

Re: Red Creek Pages

Post by pj »

Hi this looks great.

I think you need to rethink your font choice, that font is a little goofy looking (why does the S in Sally look smaller than the rest? also the accented letters are in a different font - better with accented letters if your font doesn't include them to use the fonts letters and maybe hand draw the accents) - maybe some one can suggest another font? (lots of great font choices here: https://blambot.com/collections/all-fonts/dialogue)

(there's a few typos "then we can relax and get something TO eat" - to is missing) and you've missed a apostrophe on "When it's stressed")

I feel like this is gonna live or die on how it's inked

Story telling is great though, fab choices going on, can't wait to see it inked up.

(I'm a big believer that lettering is one of the great big unsung parts of comics, good lettering can elevate a comic, poor lettering can destroy it)
----
patreon.com/holdenreppion FOLKLORE THURSDAY!

pj
Site Admin

Post by pj »

(If you've got a spare $20 I think Blambot's "Action Figure" font is a good font for this - through I defer to a pro letterer opinion - it also includes international letters, so the accents will all be consistent)

https://blambot.com/collections/all-fon ... ion-figure

----
patreon.com/holdenreppion FOLKLORE THURSDAY!

snorthridge

Post by snorthridge »

pj wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:25 pm
Hi this looks great.

I think you need to rethink your font choice, that font is a little goofy looking (why does the S in Sally look smaller than the rest? also the accented letters are in a different font - better with accented letters if your font doesn't include them to use the fonts letters and maybe hand draw the accents) - maybe some one can suggest another font? (lots of great font choices here: https://blambot.com/collections/all-fonts/dialogue)

(there's a few typos "then we can relax and get something TO eat" - to is missing) and you've missed a apostrophe on "When it's stressed")

I feel like this is gonna live or die on how it's inked

Story telling is great though, fab choices going on, can't wait to see it inked up.

(I'm a big believer that lettering is one of the great big unsung parts of comics, good lettering can elevate a comic, poor lettering can destroy it)
Thanks for the feedback!!

All the lettering is temporary, Mostly just for myself so I can edit the dialogue, and make sure to have it there so I'm leaving enough space in the art itself. I am probably gonna hire a letterer, but I'll check out that font you recommended too. I am currently using Anime Ace from Blambot, his fonts are great. I forgot I had the layer turned on.

Inking wise, I'm trepidatious. I don't like doing it and I'm not very good at doing it, so I'm probably gonna end up having to hire one, but I haven't found anyone I'm confident enough to ask yet. And I still have a lot of rendering choices to make too.
Thanks for the shout out to the storytelling though, that's my favourite part to do.

Most of the past few weeks has been spent on further pages and fixing all the faces. A friend showed me some methods on how to keep them consistent and it's made life a lot easier. Now to do all the other pages :v